Valuation Services Manager
Avenue M® Advisors, Inc. is a national, boutique financial valuation, exit planning and consulting services company specializing in business valuations for investment purposes, such as exit planning, sale of a business, partner buyout, ESOP compliance, IP valuations to tax related purposes, such as a company structure conversion, potential capital gains tax, estate and gift tax compliance, IRC §409A compliance, purchase price allocations; to divorce, shareholder disputes and bankruptcy.
Avenue M is seeking a candidate for a Valuation Services Manager position. This position will be responsible for working on a wide variety of valuation
assignments as well as reviewing other valuation models and reports. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Building client relationships and acting as a direct contact with current and prospective clients.
- Participating in networking meetings to generate new business.
- Performing valuation assignments of privately held companies and some public companies.
- Interviewing clients to gather data and information pertinent to the engagement with a general knowledge of some aspect of the financial services industry
sector (banking, insurance, asset management, financial technology, etc.).
- Providing insight and expertise on target industries, market, and competitor information focusing on the financial services sector.
- Designing financial models for discounted cash flow, market multiple, market transaction, waterfall and option pricing analysis
- Managing valuation analyses including determining appropriate valuation methodology and building and reviewing financial models.
- Reviewing valuation analysts’ financial models and valuation reports.
- Performing marketing assignments including but not limited to writing articles, researching companies, powerpoint presentations, proposals, etc.
- Performing other financial analysis projects of companies as determined by client assignments.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree, with further experience and/or qualifications in Finance and/or Accounting, MBA from an accredited college/university,
or additional professional accreditation such as CVA or ASA.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience at an Accounting Firm or Consulting Firm specializing in the valuation of businesses; intangible assets; financial
assets and liabilities; etc.
- Experience in constructing and reviewing valuation models and other financial and statistical models including: DCF, comparable company and transaction,
stock options, etc. as well as researching and writing valuation and other financial related reports.
- Demonstrated leadership experience including managing and developing client relationships and mentoring and developing staff.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as strong verbal, written communication skills and research skills.
- Knowledge of software packages including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The candidate must have the ability to critically analyze financial data.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, writing sample and financial analysis sample to email@example.com.
This position is available immediately.